Pinned post

medical debt and a gofundme for a broke queer indigenous writer 

a few people have expressed their desire to help me out with a ridiculous medical bill, asking if i would set up a gofundme so i did

please, if you are in a tight spot yourself, take care of you first. this is like, the most absurd time possible for debt collectors to come knocking for me but i suppose thats why they did it. i've made my first payment today and another isn't due until july 18th.

if you can and want to help, thank you! let me know if there's anything i can do in return for you. if you can't, that's totally cool. this is not an emergency need, i'm just broke and its gonna suck paying this off lol (boosts are ok)

gofundme.com/f/star039s-medica

Pinned post

new main, new ! ๐ŸŽ‰

My name is Citlali (se-tla-lee not sit-lolly) but I also go by Lali and Star ๐ŸŒŸ

Some quick and dirty info about me:

*Mexican and Indigenous American (pale, not white) ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฝ
*English is not my first language
*Agender/ Asexual/ Aromantic
*Author, baker, amateur food historian, aspiring polyglot, yellow starbursts fan
*Chronically ill, Mentally ill, Gluten Free
*I have 3 dogs: Lafayette, Luna, Chocolat
*I talk a lot about my fabulous queer beloved KJ @afterthefog ๐Ÿ’–
*follow me for food, mexican history, threads about the aztec empire, and nonsense as i lose my mind in the process of publishing a novel

To support me and/ or read my writing, you can find all my links here:

linktr.ee/newfireluna

Pinned post

i am a broke writer, and if you wanna help make me a little less broke (funds go towards meds and getting treads for my doggies) or you're just interested in my writing, you can find all of my links conveniently here:

linktr.ee/newfireluna

Show thread
Pinned post

my first toot shall be my favorite meme that i spent a literal year searching for:

hey wait why the hell do people try to cancel me for human sacrifice but all y'all get off on the TL wanting to be roasted the fuck?? keep the same energy for sacrifer vs sacrificee tf

slightly less a fan of the dismissive "I know" or "so what?" reactions. like its hard to come out. if the person is visibly, like, scared, being dismissive isnt really helpful

Show thread

i really like the cultural reaction shift to coming out being less shock and silence and more flinging yourself into hugging the person coming out

@popstar initially i read this back to front and was amazed by your dedication

how the hell am i gonna mount a skull to my crown

I swear to God a dude is walking behind me plucking on a banjo

and a special mention for the extremely confused vegan memes who think going gluten free and going vegan are remotely the same thing

Show thread

10% of gluten free memes are silly inner community jokes and the other 90% are mean spirited ableist jabs by people that are for some reason offended by my diet that affects them in no way???

Show thread

So my parents took the dog out for a ride and just got home so I opened my window (we live on the third floor) and yelled her name and she looked SO CONFUSED like "I hear your voice, I see you, but how do I GET TO YOU???"

this is not a subtoot, but i can't use devices for opening jars. i can't manipulate or grip them if my weakness is bad. an easier (for me) no tool work around: just whack that shit on the counter.

seriously. grip it in two hands. give the jar a solid whack, the rim of the lid on the corner of the counter. it should pop itself open.

for not-new lids, never forget the power of hot water. heat makes metal expand.

Greetings followers with RSI or other issues that weaken their grip or otherwise make turning tight things difficult. Allow me to present the strap wrench, designed to remove overheated oil filters from huge trucks, which is a mere $10 at the hardware store.

Monetary Aid Request 

Hello! Pls rb or donate to our lovely homie @sunflowers , who could use help recovering from spending quite a bit of cash getting a AC unit on top of dealing w some serious debt

Its HOT right now in Chicago and she could use the assistance getting her home's temp regulated, especially since this puts her dogs health at risk (& her own!!)

even $5 goes a long way or check out her shop!

chitownbaby.threadless.com/
cash.app/$elenners

people really say "Well we need to listen to both sides" and then only listen to center right to alt right sources unironically and call that being moderate

Show more
Rage.love

Generalist Hometown instance with a strong focus on community standards. No TERF, no SWERF, no Nazi, no Centrist.