So apparently the UPS for the 20+ tonne scenery lift at workplace #1 exploded today. Inergen system went off, firies in oxygen masks, and the smell of fried lead acid battery all the way through the place.


@s0 holy shit! I hope no one was hurt.

· · Web · 1 · 0 · 1

@ljwrites luckily it was a Sunday in Easter weekend, so the venue was empty. But even if there had been people in the venue, it would been a safe evacuation. The UPS in question is housed in a specific enclosed area with pressurised inert gas fire-suppression system. It’s just the first time in my employment that it has actually had to do its job.

@s0 it's for this one time that it was necessary, I guess :blobcat0_0: And even with no one there the system may have prevented further property damage, too. So glad no one was hurt!

Sign in to participate in the conversation

Generalist Hometown instance with a strong focus on community standards. No TERF, no SWERF, no Nazi, no Centrist.